Monday, April 7, 2008

Brew News: Terrapin Hop Shortage Ale



Hey pub-crawlers, great news. Terrapin's first Side Project beer, Hop Shortage Ale, is on the shelves of a few select package stores. The Hop Shortage Ale is a kind of middle finger to the worldwide hop shortage, with a healthy heaping of hops in every bottle.


Spike (Terrapin's brewmaster) only brewed one batch (I saw it in the fermenter when I took the tour, too! I watched my beer ferment...neat, huh?). This beer is also the first bottled Terrapin to come out of the new brewery in Athens. And actually, unless I'm mistaken, it's the first beer to be sold publicly, bottled or otherwise, ever brewed in Athens by Terrapin.

I bought two for myself (they're $7.00 for a 1 pint, 6 ounce bottle) and loved every single drop. It's a lot like the Rye Pale Ale, with a little more hop taste through the beer.


Sherlock's in Kennesaw had it as of April 4th and Total Wine in Kennesaw didn't on April 4th.

5 comments:

tommy said...

that does indeed sound tasty i shall be on the look out for it. thanks for the heads up on the good beverages

tommy said...

oh yea and have you heard of the new beer budweiser made. its bud and clamato juice. give it a try.

justiceforusall said...

The funny thing is I don't care for beer but the idea of trying something that is overpriced and in limited supply makes my mouth water. I guess we always want things that are harder to come by!

Heidi said...

Matt! I wish I had more to say about the "beer" portion of your writing, but since I don't drink beer anymore for the most part, I haven't tried any of your suggestions =\
However, I wanted to say I still enjoy reading your writing.. You're talented and you know how to keep one interested!
Also I like the background you used for the Terrapin beer =] Creative.

(I just finished watching John Adams on HBO with my friends... Have you seen it? If not, you should check it out - it was VERY good. You don't have to be into history to enjoy it either - which was good for me =]

Nick McRae said...

Good God, sir, how did I not know about this site? This is really great, dude. Great writing and advice. Oh, and great beers. Damn you, it's Sunday and now I want a Newcastle.

NM